UC Education Plus
The primary role of UC Education Plus is to provide professional development programmes and advice to educators within our Southern region. Support is also offered in some areas of the North Island.
- PrimaryProfessional learning and development programmes for primary schools and teachers.
- SecondaryAs part of the Te Tapuae o Rehua consortium, we provide PLD for secondary schools.
- Courses PLD courses designed to support teaching, learning and classroom practices.
- Who can help me?Who to contact if you want to contact a Team Leader or Facilitator.
Lead Teacher Workshops 2016
The key focus of these workshops is to provide a support network for lead teachers of mathematics and to engage and inspire teachers in the most recent maths pedagogy. Workshops are suitable for both experienced lead teachers and those new to the role. Although each workshop covers new material, they will continue the themes explored in previous years. Primary Mathematics
Content Courses: Unpacking Number 2016
These three half-day cluster meetings have been reconfigured and extended following feedback in 2015. The focus is on enhancing teachers’ understanding and skills in mathematics and learning by exploring the big picture of number, the key ideas in the Number Framework, current mathematical thinking, and unpacking common stumbling blocks. Primary Mathematics
Secondary Mathematics and Statistics National Workshop 2016
“Making Connections” – d/dx (Learning)
This workshop will focus on how to implement teaching and learning that leads to improved student outcomes through pedagogical leadership. This will include:
- Financial Capability
- eAKO and nzmaths
- Sharing – Examples of good learning activities using technological devices
- Curriculum Reporting Y9-10
- Cultural Responsiveness
- Educational Council and Tātaiako – Practising Teacher Criteria
- NCEA Assessment – assessing two standards with one activity and assessing across learning areas
- PaCT and Illustrations.
UC Education Plus partnerships
Te Tapuae o Rehua Consortium
UC Education Plus, is part of a consortium which has been awarded English and Māori Medium Ministry of Education contracts. Te Tapuae o Rehua brings together the consortium of Ngāi Tahu, University of Canterbury and University of Otago.